Tuesday, June 8, 2010

"Everybody's youth is a dream, a form of chemical madness."

No writer has inspired me more than F.Scott Fitzgerald. I'm sure everyone has read The Great Gatsby, but one of his lesser known works is a book of short stories called Flappers and Philosophers. It's one of the greatest short story books of all time. The glitz and glamour along with the perils of living in the Roaring 20's are captured impeccably by his novels. And yes, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button was written as a short story by F. Scott. His talent remains limitless.








via nostalgic-radio,jameslogancourier.org,google,guardian.co.uk,fantasticfiction.co.uk,postersplease,simania.co.il

4 comments:

  1. Hmm, I've not read flappers and philosophers! I will have to invest - I love a good old book recommendation!

    Charlotte xx

    The Style Rail

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really have to read the great gatsby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are such amazing photos! Flappers and Philosophers happens to be one of our favorite books, we have it's First Edition!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely want to read more F. Scott Fitzgerald - and you've inspired me to actually do it!

    -Ashley
    http://breakfastatsaks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete