Thursday, April 22, 2010

"I don't want to live. I want to love first, and live incidentally."-Zelda Fitzgerald



Many a nights I have spent as a little girl watching Chaplin/ Keaton/ Brooks/Pickford films and thinking that perhaps I was born in the wrong era. I would wake up in the morning and go through my mom's makeup and apply a little bow lip with some red lipstick. I would find her gorgeous flapper dress with all the beading, put it on, and dance around the house to old jazz songs. The dress, of course, skimmed the floor but I thought I was Lillian Gish. Then one day when I was about 5, I cut off all my long blonde hair to a "bob". My mother wasn't thrilled. The scissors were locked away, but I was the happiest 5 year old. Here's to one of the most beautiful, timeless and decadent eras in history!








via students.umf.maine.edu,lifeinitaly.com,d.umn.edu,polyvore.com
bbc.com,animationarchive.org

No comments:

Post a Comment